Help Make the Magic Happen!
Job Posting: Operations Coordinator
The Lethbridge Symphony is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual for the position of Operations Coordinator (OC), the front line, day-to-day point of contact with the community and stakeholder groups. Reporting to the Executive Director, the OC shares responsibility for the organisation’s consistent achievement of its customer service and communications goals. The majority of the OC’s time is spent completing administrative activities, in addition to being the primary ticket seller. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Planning the logistics of event production in consultation with the executive director, music director, and others, including but not limited to booking venues, and issuing contracts.
- Implementing the programs created by the organisation, including but not limited to our Kids Choir and Feel the Beat community outreach events.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers, including but not limited to scheduling, screening, and appreciation.
- Selling event tickets and subscriptions, providing relevant information to assist patrons making their purchases.
- Greeting all visitors and answering any questions knowledgeably during box office hours.
- Supporting and coordinating the organisation’s activities within the community, including but not limited to external bookings, maintaining the database and website, and light office cleaning.
- Future opportunities for expansion in responsibilities may arise as the organisation grows.
The work schedule will fall along our box office hours (Tuesday – Thursday from Victoria Day to Labour Day – 18 hours per week; Monday – Friday from Labour Day to Victoria Day – 35 hours per week). Some flexibility in scheduling hours may be possible by prior arrangement. We are closed all holidays, as well as between Christmas and New Year.
This is a permanent, part-time (hourly) position, with salary to be negotiated. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however preferred start date is May 1, 2018. Any prior related experience would definitely be an asset. All applications should be emailed.
About the Lethbridge Symphony
Based in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, the Lethbridge Symphony has been entertaining audiences since 1960 and it remains a vital part of the arts in southern Alberta, drawing audiences from Lethbridge and the surrounding area. Our first 50 years of music were created by volunteers, with a resident professional music director starting in 1978, and the Musaeus string quartet founded in 1982.
Under the leadership of music director Glenn Klassen, the skilled amateur players, outstanding local professionals, and talented students who make up your Symphony collaborate with many fellow community arts groups. Many of our area’s leading performers are frequent partners and we have performed with several internationally recognized artists.
We produce a dozen large events annually, including the Symphony Series (with the full orchestra), Symphony Extras (featuring smaller ensembles), plus our ever-popular Kids Choir and Feel the Beat programs, as well as our annual Love Notes fundraiser. Through specially designed programs such as Access Pass, Children’s Pass, we make the wonder and excitement of live classical music accessible to everyone.
Our diverse funding model brings together concertgoers, sponsors, donors, and government agencies to create a strong financial base. This allows the Lethbridge Symphony to continue inspiring thousands of people each year with memorable musical experiences for audiences of all ages.