Box Office Assistant (12-month contract)
The Lethbridge Symphony is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual for the position of Box Office Assistant (BOA). Reporting to the Executive Director, the BOA is primarily responsible for ticket sales and reception for patrons and stakeholders. In this role, the BOA will be expected to:
- Greet all visitors and answer any questions knowledgeably during public office hours (1 – 5 PM).
Understand the details of our ticketing programs, and subscription options, as well as gift vouchers and the idiosyncrasies of our primary venue, Southminster United Church.
- Sell tickets for all events, including 8 symphony concerts, 3 chamber concerts, 4 Kids Choir concerts, and 2 fundraising events. Most sales occur during the two weeks just prior to an event. In addition, some evening/weekend hours will be required intermittently.
- Complete electronic transactions through our cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, PatronManager (based on the Salesforce platform).
- Handle cash and maintain a float.
- Assist with other administrative duties, such as scheduling volunteers for concert-related help, tracking our ticket discount programs (Access Pass and Children’s Pass), and other jobs as assigned and time permits (e.g. filing, sorting, proofing meeting minutes).
The work schedule will fall along our public office hours, Tuesday through Thursday during the summer (ie. Victoria Day through Labour Day, 12-18 hours per week), and Monday through Friday during the Season (ie. Labour Day through Victoria Day, 25-35 hours per week), plus performances, for an annual maximum of 1335. We are closed *all* holidays, as well as between Christmas and New Year’s. Some flexibility in scheduling hours may be possible by prior arrangement.
This is a part-time, 12-month contract from May 31, 2016 through May 31, 2017, with the possibility for renewal. Any prior related experience would definitely be an asset. Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
About the Lethbridge Symphony
We have been entertaining audiences since 1960 and it remains a vital part of the arts in southern Alberta, drawing audiences from Lethbridge and the surrounding area. Its mission is to create and promote a first class orchestra producing memorable musical experiences for audiences of all ages.
We produce a dozen large events annually, including the Symphony Series featuring the full orchestra, and Symphony Extras that feature small ensembles from the LSO, as well as our ever-popular Kids Choir event, Golf Tournament and Love Notes. Frequent collaborations with other arts organizations within the community include: Vox Musica, University of Lethbridge Opera Workshop, U of L Singers and the Music Conservatory. The LSO has also performed with internationally recognized artists, including John McDermott, ASANI, Doc Walker and Jan Lisiecki. For further information please visit our website at www.lethbridgesymphony.org.