The Lethbridge Symphony Orchestra seeks an Executive Director to manage the orchestra’s day-to-day administrative activities and to provide leadership with an active team of community volunteers. Together, the team is charged with maintaining the organization’s financial position while achieving its artistic goals. The Executive Director will work closely with the organization’s staff, which includes a full-time Operations Manager and part-time Bookkeeper.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work with Management Committee and Music Director to set appropriate budgets (currently @$450K)
- Once approved, manage expenses with monthly reporting to Board
- Ensure effective marketing campaigns to achieve earned revenue goals, including advertising, social media and public relations, with support from Marketing Committee
- Actively participate in fundraising activities and inspire Fundraising Committee to achieve contributed revenue goals, through sponsorship, individual donations and two annual special events
- Liaise with Board of Directors, major patrons and all committees as necessary
- Organize all Public Funding Activity, including grant writing, reporting to and communications with government agencies
- Provide proper Financial Analysis to the Board and Music Director to support long range planning
- Represent the Orchestra in public activities
Founded in 1961, the Lethbridge Symphony is Southern Alberta’s largest not for profit organization focused on musical performance. Professional caliber musicians join with strong community players and exceptional students from post secondary institutions to create great performances and all musicians receive a performance stipend. The LSO nurtures strong relationships with other local performance groups, including the University of Lethbridge Opera Workshop, Vox Musica Chorus and the University of Lethbridge Conservatory of Music. In the 2013-2014 Season, the LSO performed to audiences of over 12,000, including over 7,000 students.
Please send a confidential resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until April 13, 2015 or until the position is filled.